+44(0) 1234 567 890 info@domainname.com

Friday 30 August 2013

Jaidee sets sights on Ohio

09:53

Share it Please
Last Updated: August 28, 2013 8:22pm

Thongchai Jaidee: Determined to feature at Muirfield Village Thongchai Jaidee: Determined to feature at Muirfield Village

Thongchai Jaidee is hoping a strong defence of his ISPS Handa Wales Open title this week will cement his place in the International team for the Presidents Cup.

The Thai veteran dropped outside of the top-10 automatic qualifiers with a disappointing performance at the PGA Championship, but he now hopes to earn his place on merit rather than rely on a pick from captain Nick Price.

This week marks the end of the qualifying stage for the biennial contest against the USA, which takes place at Muirfield Village in Ohio starting on October 3, with the top 10 making the team outright before Price adds two wild cards.

"I know I have just this week to try and qualify myself for the team as it's been a big goal of mine all season," said Jaidee, who clinched a one-shot win at Celtic Manor last season.

"I had a good top-20 finish last week in Scotland but if I can play well this week here in Wales like I did last year then I might just qualify for the team. If not, I know I am going to have to rely on Nick picking me for the team.

"I was very confident of my game last year and I really enjoyed the challenge.

"It was my first win in Europe and the course was very soft and something that I was not used to you so it was good that I could change my game plan to suit the conditions but then I also had a bit of luck on my side.

"I was very proud of winning the Wales Open and a first victory in Europe and hopefully I can get lucky again this year."

Scotland's Ultimate 18

Win a world-class golf break to The Scottish Highlands.

Boston betting guide

Stats and best bets for the second FedEx Cup play-off event - the Deutsche Bank Championship.

Wales betting guide

Stats and best bets for this week's European Tour event - the ISPS Handa Wales Open at Celtic Manor.


View the original article here