+44(0) 1234 567 890 info@domainname.com

Friday 30 August 2013

Hull ready for the big time

09:49

Share it Please
Last Updated: August 29, 2013 11:02am

The young star of the Solheim Cup, Charley Hull has spoken to Sky Sports News in her first broadcast interview since returning to the UK.

$(document).ready(function() { getBC({'con':'#video','ob':'#video-id','id':'2635203620001'}); }); Charley Hull admits being part of the winning European Solheim Cup team makes her feel like she has arrived as a golfer.

Hull became the youngest player to participate in the women's team event in Colorado earlier this month, setting the table for overall victory in the singles with a huge win over Paula Creamer.

The 17-year-old is now setting her sights on a place on the LPGA Tour, receiving a special exemption to play before she turns 18, and she will be at the second stage of their Q-School in October.

Sky Sports News caught up with Hull as she was presented with lifetime membership of Kettering Golf Club, where she learned the game.

The Evian Championship is one of three ladies' majors exclusively live on Sky Sports as part of a year-round schedule of women's sport.

She said: "I keep looking back at it now and thinking 'have I really just done that?'

"It's weird. You've got all those months building up to it, for just three days, all that building it up inside your head and then you actually do it, so it's amazing.

"It's all just a big blur to me because of everything that was going on. I'm running up the hill on 18 and back down, seeing all the matches. Because I won so early I got everyone's win. Everyone was celebrating. It was just the best night ever.

"It was a very relaxed team room. We were always listening to music, even in the thunderstorm break when we haven't won the Cup, Suzann Pettersen turned the music up and started dancing.

"I felt like before I went to that event, oh my God it's Paula Creamer, oh my God it's Suzann Pettersen, but now it's more I'm up with you guys now and I feel like I belong up there, that I have earned my place."

Charley's father David said: "As soon as she picked a golf club up, she just hit it and I thought 'I can't believe what I am seeing here.' After a couple of weeks she was hitting the ball like she'd been doing it all her life. It was so natural."

Scotland's Ultimate 18

Win a world-class golf break to The Scottish Highlands.

Boston betting guide

Stats and best bets for the second FedEx Cup play-off event - the Deutsche Bank Championship.

Wales betting guide

Stats and best bets for this week's European Tour event - the ISPS Handa Wales Open at Celtic Manor.


View the original article here